Straight from My Journal 13 Years Ago to the Day

I was thinking this morning that I was right upon 13 years of moving to Ocala, FL for my first full-time position as Director of Worship & Outreach at Good Shepherd Presbyterian Church. For those of you who know or remember, this move followed two months of occupational therapy in Aiken, SC after I severed nerves, tendons, and an artery in the palm of my right hand.

This journal entry (which I've transcribed without any editing) marks 13 years of God's faithfulness. I realize it may feel a bit personal, but for a while after the accident I didn't even know if I would be able to play the guitar again. So I rejoice when I remember making that drive down to Florida to take that position, and I am so grateful that I have been able to lead worship for over a decade now. I hope this encourages you to recount how God has been faithful in your own life.

Monday, February 23, 1998
Ocala, FL / First Entry / 3:30am

Once again, I am sitting in my rust-colored chair, but now I am in Ocala, FL! Wow, it really doesn't seem that long ago when I was sitting in this very chair in Birmingham, AL at Ski Lodge Apartments, journaling about beginning Graduate school. And now, here I am, almost 2.5 years later and I am in Ocala, FL about to start a new career - a new direction - as the Director of Worship and Outreach at Good Shepherd Presbyterian Church. I drove today - really yesterday - from Birmingham. I got to the house at about 9:45pm Sunday night. The house is awesome! I can't believe it. There's so much space! I immediately unpacked the car and was so wired that I literally just now stopped to journal and go to bed! I've been going at it for about 5 hours! I think it's time to crash. Well, this was my first entry in my new home in Florida. May the Lord bless my time here and may my music ministry bear much fruit with his direction and power.

Comments

Mike DeGuzman said…
Thanks for your post. I am new to Ocala and pastoring a small church plant that meets at the Y. I ran across your blog as I googled, "We need a worship leader in Ocala." I agree with your post and specifically liked your list of what to look for in a worship leader.

Popular Posts